The heart of Corning Children’s Center is the outstanding care and education we provide. The Center’s 70 full and part-time staff members serve approximately 160 children. Our combination of unique experiences, expert staff, and our continuity of care option help to distinguish the Center from other options in the area.
The Corning Children’s Center serves children 6 weeks through 5 years of age. Children are grouped based on their approximate age into our distinct Infant, Toddler, Pre-school, and Pre-K programs. If you select our Continuity of Care option, your child will remain with the same cohort of friends and teaching staff from his or her Infant through Pre-school years.
The principles on which we have developed our curriculum are:
- We are committed to creating an environment that nurtures children’s confidence and fosters the development of their imagination.
- We structure all of our learning activities based on what the children are capable of doing at each stage.
- We address all aspects of children’s growth and learning: physical, cognitive, creative, social, and emotional.
- We recognize, encourage, and celebrate each child’s individuality.
- We encourage children to experience exploration, learning, and accomplishment in a joyous and fulfilling way.
Children enrolled at Corning Children’s Center have opportunities to participate in various educational experiences. These experiences may include but are not limited to: